Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MR Asks Kalam what his leadership philosophy is..!!!

Here's a good one. Enjoy! Subject: Manmohan Singh!

While visiting India , Mahinda Rajapakse is invited
to tea with Abdul Kalam.

He asks Kalam what his leadership philosophy is.
He says that, it is to surround himself with
intelligent people.

Mahinda (MR) asks how he knows if they're intelligent.

"I do so by asking them the right questions," says
Kalam. "Allow me to demonstrate. "

Mahinda watches as Kalam phones Manmohan Singh and says,

"Mr. Prime Minister, please answer this question:
Your mother has a child, and your father has a child,
and this child is not your brother or sister. Who is it?"

Manmohan immediately responds,
"It's me, Sir !"

"Correct. Thank you and good-bye" says Kalam. He hangs
up and says," Did you get that, Mr. Mahinda?"

Mahinda nods: "Yes Mr. President. Thanks a lot.

I'll definitely be using that!"


Mahinda, upon returning to Colombo, decides
he'd better put Mervin Silva to the test.
Mahinda summons him to the Temple Trees and says,
"Mervin, I wonder if you can answer a question for me."

"Why, of course, My Lord!. What's on your mind?"

Mahinda poses the question: "Uhh, your mother has a
child, and your father has a child, and this child is not
your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Mr. Mervin Silva was puzzled and finally asks, "Can I think about
it and get back to you?" Mahinda agrees, and Mervin leaves.

Mervin immediately calls a meeting of all Ministors of UPFA including Basil
Gota,
and they puzzle over the question for several hours,
but nobody can come up with an answer. Finally,
in desperation,
Mervin calls

Ranil Wickremasinghe and explains the problem.

"Mr. Wickremasinghe, your mother has a child, and your father
has a child, and this child is not your brother or your sister.
Who is it?"

Ranil answers immediately, "It's me, of course."

Much relieved, Mervin rushes back to the Temple trees,
finds Mahinda Rajapakse, and exclaims,

"I know the answer, My Lord! I know
who it is!
It's our Ranil Wickremasinghe!"

And Mahinda replies in disgust, "Wrong,
it's Manmohan Singh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment